Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My IPAD

I decided to write a blog, but now I should decide language and what to writ about.
Perhaps English would be great, as many people do understand this language, but Chinese would of course be better from that perspective. Unfortunately I do not speak Chinese.

What about some words about my new IPad, Actually I got one for everyone in the department. My noble goal was to save paper, and thus trees.

Anyway it seems the IPad is simple to use and easy to carry, no need for lots of paper during meetings.

But, how one gets ones documents into the tablet is quite a challenge. We tested at least five different solutions, but none seems to be the final solution. Using email, ok, but not great. Dropbox, limited space and unsolved security issues. Sharepoint, complex and confusing, connect files, possible but problems with Scandinavian characters. One program works with one solution, and another with a second. This Apple only attitude does not feel right if you come from the unix, linux and windows multi platform "ecosystem".

The IStore, there are many apps, but after testing, many are not very useful. What about a city brochure of Windhoek telling a few irrelevant things bundled with a useless map!

But there are great applications, for example the Planets Ap, showing you the sky, using the devices GPS, compass and inclination sensors. Now you can see the stars even when it is cloudy.

But anyway, I save paper

No comments:

Post a Comment