Thursday, July 26, 2012

Exciting new features in WP 7.5


The recent updates of WP to WP 7.5 have introduced some new exciting features.  Possibly the most interesting one is the possibility to use your phone as a Wifi hot spot. From the settings panel you can choose the new internet sharing tab. This gives you the possibility to give access to the internet through your Lumia to a maximum of five devices. You can use VPA protection or create an open WLAN. It works well, and I had no problems connecting to the internet using the Lumia as a Wifi hotspot. I used this before in my Nokia N900 using JoikuSpot to connect my laptop to the internet using the N900 as a hot spot. Now I can do the same with my lumia 800.

Another new innovation is the possibility of face recognition, when uploading images to Facebook or SkyDrive. More or less the same feature as you find in the Picassa image storage program from Microsoft. Picassa by the way, is my favorite program to keep track of all my digital images, it is free and  orders your images by person (face recognition), date or location, it uses the GPS coordinates your smart phone attaches to the images. It is great to see where your geotagged phone images were actually taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment